2019 Year In Review
Highlights: Record Breaking Solar Installs — Community Service & Support — Education for Change — PSPS & PG&E
Impact of our solar installations:
Using a handy tool created by the EPA we have converted KWh produced by almost all of our solar pv systems* to show you some amazing facts about what adding solar power can do for our community.
*a portion of our older solar systems do not have monitoring & therefore not included in these totals
From 2004 to 2019 here is what we have done together to help our planet and it’s creatures.
Happy New Year and let’s continue our great work!
My resolution: Spread the word about solar, it truly makes a difference!
Let’s dive a little deeper…
Any talk about Sustainable Energy Group happily begins with our respected Founder, President and Mechanical Engineer, Ray Darby.
Ray Darby created Sustainable Energy Group in 2004 and it has grown to support 14 local experts in our community. Along the way Ray has been developing a team to make sure we can support our community for many years to come.
Stay tuned in 2020, to find out how Brian Gardner & Joe Nelson will be stepping up to help Ray and Sustainable Energy Group go the distance.
Record Breaking Solar Installs in 2019:
Community Service & Support in 2019:
- Sponsored the Wild & Scenic Film Festival & SYRCL
- Designed over 25 Solar Systems for Habitat for Humanity
- Attended the Food & Farm Conference by Sierra Harvest
- Supported the United Way at Grilles and Grills
- Volunteered with the Grass Valley Energy Action Plan & Nevada County Energy Action Plan
- Volunteered for Energy Savings Solutions Education Series organizing each workshop
- Ray Darby taught a FREE Energy Efficiency Workshop for Grass Valley Energy Action Plan
- Penn Martin spoke and gave workshops free of charge at multiple events in our community
- Penn Martin attended and spoke in support of clean energy policy to our state senators and assembly men and woman in Sacramento
- We are active members of Nevada County Business Networking International (BNI), Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce and Nevada County Contractors Association
Education for Change — PSPS & PG&E
2019 was a record year for our Energy & Ecology Newsletter where we saw our subscribers skyrocket into the thousands.
The newsletter became a strong tool highlighting topics like Sustainable Energy, Backup Power, the PSPS, Energy Efficiency and Energy Policy. We fulfilled our goal to provide our community with information to empower their journey towards a sustainable future.
In 2019, we started a new section in our popular newsletter for “Sustainability in Community” where we highlighted local companies and people in our community achieving sustainable greatness. Our goal was to have these local experts teach us about how to make our lives more eco-friendly.
Real Practical information was given by:
- Catalyst Bio-Amendments in Nevada City about using microbes instead of chemicals for our lawns
- Local Culture in Grass Valley about living sustainably in the sierra foothills
- Sierra Harvest in Nevada County about Permaculture sheet mulching
- Acorn School of Herbal Medicine in Nevada City about healing herbs in your backyard
- Starseed Creative in Nevada County about natural backyard dwellings
Let’s not forget about Solar!
Again using our favorite tool to translate KWh’s to more tangible metrics, here are some fun stats of the effect solar installed by SEG from 2004 to 2019!
What an amazing 2019! Let’s go even further in 2020!
We can’t do it without your help.
If you refer a friend or family member and they get solar we will send you a check for $500!