Sustainable Eco-Focused Internship for Students and Grads
Are you ready to make a difference?
*Form to apply below, however reading the whole post will give you a better opportunity of getting the internship.
Tough job markets for our recent local grads, possibilities of part time schooling and other uncertainties are what the younger people in our community are facing. We want to help with these challenges by offering a fun and real opportunity to work and learn.
We are offering three stipend based internship groups here at SEG – Sustainable Energy Group. (about 9 students and grads)
We are opening up internships for 9 students and grads.
- 3 local seniors and possibly juniors in High School.
- 3 recent high school grads and college students
- 3 recent college grads
Each internship level will have their own tasks and responsibilities and some will be shared.
What we will do together:
“Art and Stories for a Sustainable Future” will be the focus for our high school student interns. You will be tasked with everything that goes into running a successful contest.
– We will focus on skills like promotion, marketing, timely and good communication and organization.
Our H.S. Grads and College Student Interns will focus on local education, community outreach and support. You will be talking to local eco-groups, and sustainable businesses and help them write articles for our newsletter. You will also help support the high school students in their contest.
– Skills that we will focus on: writing, editing, timely communication, promotion, community outreach and management.
Our Local College Graduate Interns will be our managers and managing editors for the other groups, seeing tasks to completion and being the last stop before content goes public.
– You will be responsible for choosing what content to publish, organizing the groups, creating content, organizing, delegating tasks and identifying what needs to be done next.
We will also identify each other’s strengths as some tasks can be done by everyone in each group. Shared tasks will include, taking pictures and video, editing those pics and video, writing articles and promo content, social media scheduling and more.
Managers of each group will be the lead of their groups and will report back to me on progress and timelines.
All of us will meet each week, sometimes online, sometimes outside. Each group will report what is happening and I will help guide the process.
We will rotate lead roles and leaders will get an extra bonus after each month.
This job is an entry way into a full or part time job at Sustainable Energy Group in Grass Valley. Show us how awesome you are.
- We will meet every week on Wednesday morning or afternoon. You must be available on Wednesday.
- You will put in about 4-8 hours each week.
- We ask for a 2-3 months commitment.
- Each intern must have a way to communicate with me from home via internet.
* We expect interns to complete their tasks and will give bonuses based on their completion.
Let’s learn what sustainability means and why it matters. Let’s share what we learn to create a sustainable future for ourselves, our community and future generations.
Positive change starts with you, are you ready dive in?
We are Sustainable Energy Group, a community solar and backup power company based in Grass Valley for over 16 years. SEG was founded in 2004 by local energy expert, father and educator Ray Darby. We currently share information and news about sustainability in our community via our popular newsletter at www.sustainableenergygroup.com/blog. Check out our ever growing team at www.sustainableenergygroup.com -> Our Team